Wednesday, January 20, 2016

New and Elegant Zipper Pouch with Faux Swade Bottom


Faux Swade Bottom Zipper Pouch
Lately I've been crocheting a lot of squares for my rainbow blanket (using Moogly's pattern). I'm almost done making all the squares and soon I'll start joining them together. I'll be posting a different post about my progress there, but since I was so occupied with the crochet and given the ammount of sqaures needed to be done (88, but who's counting), I wanted a little project that will clear my mind. I knew it had to be a sewing project because sewing is usually quicker than crocheting and I needed to start and finish something in two hours max.

Now, this is the time to let you all in on a little secret. In my little studio I have a box lying in the corner with many many pieces of faux swade in any kind of color you can imagine, and for a long period of time I've been wanting to do something with them. So, I managed to combine my urge for a sewing project and my not-so-little box of faux swade pieces, and designed a zipper pouch with a faux swade bottom. Since the faux swade has a sophisticated look and feel, I combined it with a textured fabric in cream to keep the design cool and elegant. I like my pouches to be fully lined. I think it gives the pouch a more complete effect, so I lined the pouch with a neutral crem cotton. I used a zipper in a matching color to finish off the look and I was done.

Tan Faux Swade Bottom and Cream Textured Fabric
Fully Lined
I have now plenty of ideas for color and fabric combinations and will soon start making other pouches and bags. Hope I'll have time to finish off my rainbow blanket :)

The faux swade bottom zipper pouch is available at my shop.

You're also welcome to join my mailing list or like my facebook page.

Thanks for stopping by,

Shimrit



No comments :

Post a Comment